Carrot Cake w/ Pepperlanes Hot Blooded Orange
Write a review
- ¾ cup vegetable oil plus more for the pans
- 1 cup pecan halves/ roughly chopped
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup plus 3 Tbs. Pepperlane Hot Blooded Orange Marmalade
- 3 cups shredded carrots
For The Frosting
- Use any butter cream frosting recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush three 9 inch round cake pans with vegetable oil and line with parchment paper.
- Combine pecans, raisins, four, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and sugar in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the vegetable oil, lemon zest, eggs, and ½ cup of the marmalade.
- Stir in the carrots.
- Stir in wet mixture into flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pans, bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer cakes onto racks to cool.
- Remove parchment.
- Put one cake layer on a platter
- Spread with 1 tbsp of marmalade, then spread about ¾ cup frosting over the marmalade.
- Top with another cake layer, marmalade, and frosting.
- Spread the final cake layer with a thin layer of frosting. (This is the crumb coat; it doesn’t have to be perfect)
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, then cover with the remaining frosting.
- Swirl some marmalade into the top of the cake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Pepperlane Preserves http://pepperlane.com/