Light and Crispy Crab Cakes with Meyer Lemon Glaze
Write a review
- 2 cups lump crab meat
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups warm mashed potatoes
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 3 or 4 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Carefully pick over crabmeat and remove any bits of shell or cartilage.
- Toss with lemon juice and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine potatoes, egg yolks, mustard, pepper sauce, salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Fold in the crab meat.
- Mold approximately ¼ cup molds with your hands, shaping into 12 patties, each about ½ inch thick.
- Heat 3 Tbs. of the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add as many crab cakes as you can without crowding them, and cook for three minutes on each side, or until they are well browned.
- Fry the remaining cakes the same way, adding more oil as necessary.
- For Glaze: Warm ½ cup of Pepperlane Meyer Lemon Preserves over medium heat and drizzle over crab cakes *note: a base of mashed potatoes and egg yolks makes these cakes lighter and more delicate than those made with bread crumbs.
Pepperlane Preserves http://pepperlane.com/