Pina Colada Shrimp in Pepperlane Paradise
Write a review
- ¾ c. coconut milk
- 6 T. Peppers in Pineapple Paradise Jalapeño Preserves
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 1 T. worcestershire sauce
- 1 c. each unsweetened coconut
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1 lb. large shrimp peeled and deveined, tails left on
- ¼ c. cornstarch
For the Paradise Dipping Sauce
- 1 c. Peppers in Pineapple Paradise
- 2 T. dark rum (optional)
- ¼ c. coconut milk
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- Heat 1 inch oil in a large, sauté pan over medium-high heat to 360 degrees.
- Whisk together coconut milk, preserves, 3 T. cornstarch and worcestershire in a bowl.
- Combine coconut and panko in another bowl.
- Toss shrimp with ¼ c. cornstarch; shake off excess.
- Dip into coconut milk mixture, then dredge in panko mixture.
- Drop shrimp, one at a time, into hot oil and fry in batches until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp to a paper towel lined plate.
Paradise Dipping Sauce Instructions
- Melt pineapple preserves in a small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Whisk in coconut milk, lime juice, and rum; let sauce cook one minute.
- Remove sauce from heat and season with salt to taste.
- Happy Dipping!
- *Be sure to use unsweetened coconut so that it doesn’t burn during frying.
Pepperlane Preserves http://pepperlane.com/