Pina Colada in Pepperlane “Paradise”
Write a review
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 6 tbs. ‘pepperlane’ peppers in paradise preserves
- 3 tbs. cornstarch
- 1 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup each unsweetened coconut and panko bread crumbs
- 1 Lb. lg. shrimp peeled and deveined, tails left on
- ¼ cup cornstarch
“Paradise Dipping Sauce”
- 1 cup “paradise preserves”
- 2 tbs. dark rum (optional)
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 tbs. fresh lime juice
- HEAT: 1 inch oil in a large, sauté pan over medium high heat to 360 degrees
- WHISK: together coconut milk, preserves,3 tbs. cornstarch and Worcestershire in a bowl.
- Combine coconut and panko in another bowl.
- TOSS: shrimp with ¼ cup cornstarch; shake off excess.
- Dip into coconut milk mixture, then dredge in panko mixture.
- Drop shrimp, one at a time, into hot oil and fry in batches until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp to a paper towel lined plate.
Paradise Dipping Sauce Instructions
- MELT: pineapple preserves in a small skillet over medium low heat.
- Whisk in coconut milk, lime juice, and rum; let sauce cook one minute.
- Remove sauce from heat and season with salt to taste.
- Happy Dipping!
- *Be sure to use unsweetened coconut so that it doesn’t burn during frying.
Pepperlane Preserves http://pepperlane.com/