Write a review
- 1 16.25 box white cake mix
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 2 Tbs. canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
- 4 lg. egg whites + 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime zest
- 3/4 cup Pepperlane Blackberry BUZZ Preserves
For the topping
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime zest
- Fresh blackberries and lime slices for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place standard size cupcake liners in cupcake tins; about 36.
- Wisk together all dry ingredients.
- Add the remaining ingredients except preserves, beat until well mixed with a hand mixer; about 2 minutes.
- Fill cupcake tins to ¾ full with ice cream scoop.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool cupcakes in tins for 5 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a rack.
- Fill a pastry bag with the preserves and pipe into cupcakes by inserting a large mouth tip directly into tops, and squeezing the bag until the cupcakes plump with preserves but don’t crack open. That’s “what’s in a Pepperlane cupcake!”
For The Topping Instructions
- Whip cream and sugar with hand mixer to stiff peaks.
- Add lime juice and zest and whip just to combine.
- Pipe topping onto cupcakes, then top each with a blackberry and lime slice;
- Chill until ready to serve.
Pepperlane Preserves https://pepperlane.com/