Filet Mignon with Blackberry BUZZ Reduction
Write a review
- 4(6oz) filet mignon steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 3/4 cup dry red wine (recommended: cabernet sauvignon)
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 4 TBS Pepperlane Blackberry BUZZ
- 3 TBS unsalted butter—chilled
- Compound butter, for garnish, recipe follows
- Blackberries, for garnish
- Pat the steaks dry with paper towels and season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a heavy skillet, heat 2TBS oil over medium-high heat until almost smoking.
- Sear the steaks in the hot oil for 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Sauté shallots until tender in 1 TBS oil, in a sauce pan combine beef broth, wine, jelly, cooked shallots—
- Simmer on medium heat until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Remove from heat, whisk in chilled butter 1 TBS at a time for a satin finish.
- Serve over meat.
Pepperlane Preserves https://pepperlane.com/