Hot Blooded Orange Stir Fry
Write a review
- 3 Tbs. canola or peanut oil
- 1 ½ lbs. flank steak
- cut against the grain into ¼ inch strips
- ½ of one sweet onion sliced
- 1 large carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1 sweet red pepper cut into thin 2 inch strips
- 2 cups frozen sugar snap peas
- 1 cup frozen pre-shelled edamame
- 3 green onions sliced diagonally about 2 inches long
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Freshly grated orange zest for garnish
- 2/3 cup Pepperlane Hot Blooded Orange Marmalade
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Heat oil in wok to medium high; add onion, carrot, and red pepper.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add snap peas and edamame.
- Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add steak and green onions; stir fry for one minute more.
- Combine sauce ingredients, and pour over stir fry.
- Heat just to a bubbly hot.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and orange zest.
- Serve with hot steamed or sticky rice.
- The beauty of this recipe is that it is so versatile; you can make it all vegetarian, or use chicken or shrimp in place of the beef. Just don’t try substituting the marmalade!
Pepperlane Preserves https://pepperlane.com/