Light and Crispy Crab Cakes with Meyer Lemon Glaze
Write a review
- 2 c. lump crab meat
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 2 c. warm mashed potatoes
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 T. dijon mustard
- 3 or 4 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 t. salt
- ground pepper
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- Carefully pick over crabmeat and remove any bits of shell or cartilage.
- Toss with lemon juice and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, egg yolks, mustard, pepper sauce, salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Fold in the crab meat.
- Shape into 12 patties, each about ½ inch thick.
- Heat 3 T. of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add as many crab cakes as you can without crowding them, and cook for three minutes on each side, or until they are well browned.
- Fry the remaining cakes the same way, adding more oil as necessary.
- For the Glaze: Warm ½ c. of Pepperlane Meyer, Meyer Lemon on Fire Jalapeño Preserves over medium heat and drizzle over crab cakes. Note: A base of mashed potatoes and egg yolks makes these cakes lighter and more delicate than those made with bread crumbs.
Pepperlane Preserves https://pepperlane.com/