Pepperlane Sweetheart Almond Sugar Cookie
Write a review
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 3 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ c. toasted ground toasted almonds
- Your choice of Pepperlane Preserves. We used Raz-Pepper.
- Confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese at medium-high speed with a mixer until creamy.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and almond extract, beating until fluffy.
- Add egg, beating just until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and ground almonds.
- Gradually add the butter mixture, beating just until combined.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Using a 2 ½ inch heart-shaped cutter, cut 48 hearts from dough, rerolling scraps as needed.
- Using a 2-inch heart-shaped cutter, cut out centers of half of cookies.
- Place cookies on prepared baking sheets, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool on pans for 2 minutes.
- Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread a thin layer of preserves over flat sides of whole cookies.
- Sift confectioners’ sugar over cookies with cutout centers, and place over whole cookies to make sandwiches.
- Store in airtight container.
Pepperlane Preserves https://pepperlane.com/