Warm n’ Fuzzy Whiskey Pete’s Chicken
Write a review
- 8 Chicken drumsticks or other chicken pieces of your choice
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- ¾ c. whiskey
- 1 ½ c. “Pepperlane” Warm and Fuzzy Peach Preserves
- 3 peaches or nectarines peeled and diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet.
- Season the chicken pieces with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Cook until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onion to the skillet.
- Stir and cook until tender and translucent.
- Pour in the whiskey taking care if you’re cooking over an open flame.
- Cook for 3 minutes or so allowing whiskey to reduce.
- Add the preserves into skillet and whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken back into the pan… then the peaches.
- Cover and place into a 300 degree preheated oven for 1 ½ hours.
- The chicken will be tender and juicy.
- Serve over hot steamed rice or mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle with green onions and parsley.
Pepperlane Preserves https://pepperlane.com/